Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday

Today is Sunday.  I made that pesto on Friday and it was wonderful.  I froze some in baggies and I saved some for dinner.  I made grilled turkey tenderloin, cheese and pesto tortillas.  They were fabulous.  After cleaning out the freezer, I found some pumpkin.  The aroma of pumpkin pie is filling the air as I write.  I have a turkey to bake and will create some low fat whole wheat  biscuits to serve up with gravy and turkey.   I have some lettuce still in the garden and have some homemade cucumber dressing in the fridge.  I love Sunday.  Faith is the focal point of my life, though today I have my sabboth at home, not in any church.  We are slowing down, resting, playing football in the yard and baking a Sunday dinner.  I watch my girls laugh and run as the first hail beats down on their heads.  I give thanks.  This is my holy day.  Thank you God for a slow Sunday with family.

1 comment: