Friday, September 28, 2012

To lay on the earth






 

Today I took a bike ride through the woods.  The birds were singing.  The sun warming me.  About half way through, I got off and found a mossy spot.  I lay down upon the earth.  After a moment, I could feel my body beginning to slow down.  I took off my helmet so I could feel the moss under my head.  A while back I had made a commitment to lay upon the earth every day, but over time, my commitment waned.  Today, my spirit and body become one with a far more beautiful song and rhythm to the one I've been buzzing around to.  The song and rhythm of the earth.  The feeling was almost immediate and very tangible.  I longed for each person I know to be able to join me for a silent moment.  My children, especially my eldest would think mom is being very weird.  But I longed for them to lay upon the earth to settle their spirits as well and let all of the crazy busy aspects of our lives soak into the earth and feel free and light.  I am going to try to lay on the earth each day, as well as make music.  Care to join me under your own favorite tree?

2 comments: