Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Transformation, a long and winding road

I pray that my writing will be a blessing to someone.   I continue to work to live in to the present moment.  Earlier in the week I said my morning prayers and wrote in my journal and had determination to look to God each moment in my day.  Less than an hour later, both my daughter and I were in tears after a painful interchange.  I realized that I can have the best of intentions but unless I continually open myself to God and am praying through every interchange, I flounder.  It was not enough to be centered and pray at the beginning of my day, though I am sure that helped.   I need to carry my intention, and breathe God into every situation, every word, every action in my day.
I also discovered that I am very hard on myself if I feel like I failed to love someone as I am called.  I spiral into a cave of sadness, heaviness, darkness.  While there, I found myself comforting myself...."It's okay....it's okay....you are loved."  It was my own voice, but truly the voice of God, like a mother soothing her crying child.   This love soaked into me, and I felt better.
I would like to be transformed beyond my reactionary nature, but while God is working on me, live into forgiveness and acceptance of myself.  Transformation of the world starts with me.

2 comments:

  1. Just.found your blog, Kathryn. So good to hear your voice. Do write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just.found your blog, Kathryn. So good to hear your voice. Do write more.

    ReplyDelete